Until recently, televisions and computer monitors were massive, heavy, and with large boxes in the back that contained the "tube" responsible for reproducing the image on a glass screen. The display glass was easy to clean with any glass cleaning spray.
Today, televisions and monitors are still big, but new technologies have managed to reduce that big box to a much smaller space, perhaps a couple of inches at most. The screens are no longer glass as before, so they cannot be cleaned as we did before. These types of televisions and displays are extremely fragile, scratch-prone, and many have highly sensitive anti-reflective filters. Even though some are glass, many of them are tactile, which makes them more delicate.
These new equipment are not cheap at all, so we must take care of our investment. Today we will learn How to clean a LCD tv screen of all kinds, be they laptops, desktops, tablets, e-book players, and even phones.
How to clean flat and touch screens
- 1First of all, check the manual to see if there is a recommended cleaning procedure specifically for your equipment. That will be the best way to clean it, above any other procedure.
- 2If you do not have the manual, or if the manual does not indicate it, look for a completely clean microfiber cloth, preferably those that are used to clean glasses, since they do not leave lint. Do not use any type of paper, such as kitchen towels, toilet paper or kleenex (tissues/tissue paper), or pieces of cotton cloth or cloth/towel, since they are more abrasive than ultra-soft microfiber fabrics, and could cause scratches on the delicate screen surface, as well as lint.
- 3Turn off your TV, screen, etc. Make sure it has been turned off for at least half an hour and is completely cool to the touch. Doing this will not only allow you to better see the dirt and dust that your screen may have, but it will also prevent the cleaner you use from drying before giving you time to clean it, which could cause permanent stains on the screen.
- 4It is best to dry clean this type of equipment. With the dry microfiber cloth, gently wipe the screen or monitor using smooth, horizontal, not vertical movements. If this is not enough to remove all the dirt, do not press the screen in an attempt to remove the dirt. Pressing the screen can cause some pixels to burn, especially on laptops, desktop computer monitors, and LCD and LED televisions.
- 5If the dry microfiber cloth was not enough to completely remove the dirt from your screen or television, you can apply a minimum amount of cleaning liquid on the cloth, never on the screen, and carefully clean again. Never allow the cloth to be "wet," that is, the liquid dripping or dripping from it. You could cause permanent damage to your TV.
- 8Ideally, you should carefully clean with a first microfiber cloth with cleaner, and immediately rub another clean, dry microfiber cloth with gentle, horizontal strokes to dry the screen cleaner.
- 9Finally, with the same microfiber cloths, clean or shake the plastic frame around your screen, to remove dust and finger marks, grease and other dirt.
- 10Make sure to wash the used cloths well, so that the next time you clean your screen or TV you don't run the risk of using them dirty.
What cleaning fluids can I use to clean flat or touch screens?
It is easy to imagine that harsh chemicals, abrasives, polishes, and cleaners are contraindicated for cleaning such screens and televisions (correct, they should not be used ). But we could assume that the glass cleaner, window cleaner, window cleaner or "multi-surface" are "soft" enough to use without a problem, right?
Well, it's not like that!
It turns out that these types of cleaners contain ammonia (such as Windex), alcohol (such as Formula 409 or Ajax), ethyl chloride, ketones, benzene, or even paint thinner. And all these components can react with the screen material or with the materials that cover it (filters, etc.), causing discoloration of the screen. In addition, these ingredients eventually stain and cloud any type of plastic, no matter how little is used, which causes the television or screen to lose clarity in the image and make it look whitish and lifeless.
Read more: How to clean rugs at home
If you need some kind of "humidity" in your cloth to clean your LCD, plasma or LED screen or television, use distilled water. Remember to use a minimal amount of spray on the cloth, and never spray the screen.
If you need extra help to remove grease and dirt, you can make your own screen cleaning spray, mixing equal parts of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle, and using it in the manner described above.
I hope these tips will help you to keep your equipment like new for many years to come!
How to clean your Smart TV
I am going to give you 2 very simple tips and one is to be careful how you pour the liquid. Although many come prepared in the form of sprays, I recommend not throwing it directly on the screen, but on the cloth you use.
This is so because if you go over with the liquid you can go down and if the screen is not completely sealed, go inside.
The other tip is to always do it with the screen off because it will hold the liquid longer while cleaning.
And also, with the black screen and facing the light, both dust spots and others are better seen.
And as the last tip I will tell you that no matter how much you clean, after a while you will see specks of dust because black is what it has.
Tricks to clean the flat screen of televisions
A flat-screen requires a series of care. We offer you some simple tricks to clean the flat screen of televisions.
Knowing some tricks to clean the flat screen of televisions will allow you to take care of the delicate structure that makes them up. And it is that the manufacture of televisions has taken a giant step in recent years, with which the wide glass-screen cabinets that were previously present in all homes have been left behind.
The cleanliness of these old tube televisions was similar to that of any glass table. All you had to do was remove the dust and spray a glass cleaner on your screen to remove any stain.
The flat screens of TVs today differ greatly from those of the past. Its composition is made of liquid crystal, so its cleaning requires special care, since they are more delicate, and if not performed properly, they can be damaged.
Next, we offer you some simple tricks to clean the flat screen of televisions, so that they look like new without suffering any type of damage:
Consult the manufacturer's manual for your television. Some recommend the best method to clean the screen without damaging it.
When you are about to clean the flat screen of the televisions in your house, make sure that they are turned off a little earlier, since, during use, they accumulate a lot of heat.
Remove the accumulated dust on the screen with a feather duster. Do not apply any product to it.
If there are stains, there are several tricks to clean the flat screen of televisions, which you can use. All of them must always be practiced using a microfiber cloth moistened with the product that we are going to use, never spraying the liquid directly on the screen.
Have good home insurance that covers you against possible thefts or accidents. If you do not have one yet or want to change the company you can CALCULATE YOUR QUOTE HERE. IT IS SIMPLE, IT IS TWO MINUTES AND THERE IS NO COMMITMENT.
To clean, for example, the fingerprints marked on the screen, it is very effective to moisten the cloth with a mixture of water and alcohol and rub gently on them.
For more difficult stains, you can moisten the cloth with water and white vinegar.
Don't use chemicals like ammonia or acetone. They can damage the screen. Do not use paper to clean or dry. You can scratch the screen and leave traces of particles on it.
The last of the tricks to clean the flat screen of the televisions that we want to give you is that you do not press the cloth against the screen when rubbing. Pass it smoothly.